Assisting Children to Develop Relationships, Healthy Coping and Communication Skills
About the Program
The THRIVE program is a family focused and strengths-based program specifically designed to provide structured behavioral based programming through art, music, individual, family and group activities.
THRIVE is targeted to assist children to learn, develop, and apply:
- Functional play skills
- Social Engagement
- Social roles and boundaries
- Emotional expression and regulation
- Coping skills
THRIVE provides opportunities to learn and practice these skills to manage mental health challenges, access community resources and "thrive" at school and in the community.
Who We Serve
THRIVE works with families and children starting with early intervention (age 2) up to adolescents (age 18). Participants have an opportunity to choose group, individual, family, and/or parent training and can individualize week or weeks to participate in our year round programming.
Our treatment model is managing mental health challenges creatively and learning coping and social skills through expoloration of areas such as technology, construction, sports, health, fashion, animals, trains, art, drama, music, prehistoric creatures, world culture and travel. THRIVE focuses on themes that are self-motivating for children to target emotional, social and relationship skills to successfully manage mental health.
Our Mission: THRIVE
Thinking positive thoughts, Hopeful in our future, Regulating our emotions, Insight into ourselves and others, Volunteerism and peer leadership, Enthusiasm makes everything possible.
- We are one: One child, one family, one community, one world, one opportunity to make a difference.
- An organization with 67 years of experience, dedicated to making a difference in our community and bringing hope and healing one person at a time.
- Our mission statement: To help individuals improve their emotional and behavioral well-being through education and treatment.
- Our formula for success is simple and fun: Maximize our client's strengths and interests to develop and utilize coping skills to meet life's challenges.
- Our Motto: Brook Lane is fun, Treatment is fun, Life is fun - Together we will THRIVE
THRIVE is partnered with several local agencies to provide a collaboration of care for families.
- Meritus/Total Rehab: On-site occupational and speech therapy services
- Birth thru 5 of Washington County
- Washington County Head Start
- Potomac Case Management
The THRIVE Program is located in the North Village Shopping Center, which is East of I-81 exit 9, at the intersection of Pennsylvania Ave. (Rt. 11) and Long Meadow Road on the North side of Hagerstown, Maryland.
THRIVE is covered by most insurance companies under mental health services.
Assistance begins by contacting the Admissions Office. Please ask about the THRIVE program. Information will be gathered to determine specific needs and to recommend treatment options. We can be reached by calling:
301-733-0330 or 800-342-2992